““To this day, I continue to be inspired and driven by the evidence-based examples of what can be achieved through an unyielding science-led, data-driven approach. And it is this knowledge and expertise that continues to drive our work at Podium Analytics."”RON DENNIS, FOUNDER AND CHAIRMAN. A MESSAGE FROM OUR CHAIR – PAGE 4
Annual report and financial statements published for 2021–2022
Significant progress has been made since the official launch of Podium Analytics in September 2021
Podium Analytics’ Annual Report and Financial Statements 2021/22 highlight great development made across its key focus areas: research and education, data and technology, standards development, collaboration and impact.
Ron Dennis CBE, the Founder and Chairman of Podium Analytics, said: “I am extremely proud of the progress we’ve made over the past year, working closely with our partners across Sport, Education, Science, Government and Technology to shine an important light on youth and grassroots sport and deliver on our mission to reduce the incidence and impact of sports injury.”
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS OUTLINED IN THE ANNUAL REPORT AND FINANCIAL STATEMENTS INCLUDE:
- Launch at 10 Downing Street hosted by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS), with statements of support from DCMS and the Department for Education (DfE).
- The establishment of the Podium Institute for Youth Sports Medicine and Technology at the University of Oxford.
- Formation of the Podium Research Strategy Advisory Board, which provides valuable and independent insight and input into the research strategy and programmes undertaken by Podium directly, by the Institute at the University of Oxford or Podium’s academic network, and in collaboration with Sports Governing Bodies and key sports stakeholders.
- Advancement in the Podium Schools and Clubs programme and digital platform, including the development of sport-specific data collection, player matching and Management Information Systems (MIS) integration.
- Significant progress in our research strategy, including our Mental Health and Psychological Wellbeing strategy.
- Delivering the inaugural Safety in Sport Perception Survey in collaboration with YouGov and our Sports Bodies.
- Advancing collaboration discussions with other Sports Bodies across Podium’s priority sports, including recent partnerships with Premiership Rugby and the Lawn Tennis Association.
- Securing further grant funding from Dreamchasing, a UK-based charitable Foundation and from one of the CVC Capital Partners main private equity funds and CVC Foundation.
- Securing further agreements with a wide range of state-funded and private schools regarding participation in our Schools Programme and the rollout of our injury insight platform.
““With the protection of long-term participation in sport at the heart of our approach, we have made fantastic headway in the past year, thanks in particular to the continuous enterprising efforts of the Podium Board and team and the considerable support of our Founding Funders.””ANDY HUNT, CEO. A MESSAGE FROM OUR CHIEF EXECUTIVE – PAGE 9
““It has [also] been a baptism by fire, a great intellectual adventure triggered by being thrown at the deep end of an emerging scientific and medical discipline with few pre-existing reference points to provide reassurance or guidance, yet one with major societal consequences and tremendous potential generational impact."”PROFESSOR CONSTANTIN COUSSIOS FRENG, INAUGURAL DIRECTOR, PODIUM ANALYTICS INSTITUTE FOR YOUTH SPORTS MEDICINE AND TECHNOLOGY AT THE UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD. A MESSAGE FROM OUR INSTITUTE DIRECTOR – PAGE 1