A safer world of sport for Everyone
Podium recognises that discrimination and victimisation is unacceptable and that it is in the interests of Podium and its employees to utilise the skills of the total workforce. It is Podium’s aim to ensure that no employee or job applicant receives less favourable facilities or treatment (either directly or indirectly) in recruitment or employment. As a charity, we believe that sport should not discriminate, and we will work hard to eliminate discrimination of any type in the workplace.
We are committed to continually developing greater diversity amongst our workforce, promoting the view that an inclusive environment is productive for innovation and creativity. We are dedicated to developing a culture where everyone can bring their true self into the organisation and feel respected for who they are. Podium recognises everyone within the organisation has a responsibility to conduct themselves in a way that helps the organisation flourish in providing equal opportunities, and to help prevent bullying, harassment, victimisation, and inappropriate discrimination.
We believe behaviour is a consequence of its immediate actions and a product of its environment, and our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society.
Our principles set out our commitment to leading positive change, ensuring the focus continues to be on the welfare of the workforce. We recognise that these principles will serve 3 key areas of our organisation; Our Recruitment, Our Culture and Our Partners, where setting the right standards, processes and environment will be vital as part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We have effectively implemented our equality, diversity and inclusion strategy and policy within the organisation, which aligns our commitments to real action, in two phases across these key themes for 2021-2023.
The following 6 principles set out Podium's commitment to leading positive change, ensuring the focus continues to be on the welfare of the workforce:
- Encourage equality and diversity in the workplace lawfully.
- Establish a zero-tolerance working environment free of bullying, harassment, victimisation and inappropriate discrimination, promoting dignity and respect for all. Individual differences and contributions of all staff are recognised and valued.
- Monitor the make-up of Podium Analytics’ recruitment and workforce regarding age, disability, gender reassignment (including identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour, nationality and ethnic or national origin) religion or belief, sex (gender) and sexual orientation to support Podium Analytics in its vision.
- Measure progress and drive leadership accountability based on improving engagement levels and providing a robust performance, progression and feedback platform.
- Be an anti-racist and anti-bias organisation, with a systemic approach to promoting a culture of equal opportunity.
- Recognise that equality requires equitable decision-making and continue to encourage transparency in communication throughout the organisation.
Sport teaches values of fairness, equality, discipline, inclusion, perseverance and respect and Podium embraces these values. Podium is proud to be an equal opportunities employer, seeking to reduce the incidence and impact of sports injuries, and is committed to creating a safer world of sport for everyone.